Ohh, the love for Sandwiches shall never die! And why not, aren’t they delicious and super easy to make?
Sandwiches are quite a popular type of food, and you can carry it as lunch to your office, school or picnic— Anywhere! Reports prove most people eat more than three sandwiches per week.
Making a sandwich for yourself does not require any culinary skills or talent as such. You can customize it the way you want it, and there aren’t any stringent rules to create a specific type. All you need is Bread, vegetables, meat or egg filling with spices and condiments to enhance the taste and flavor.
Some of the popular types of sandwiches are:
- Club Sandwiches
- Open-Faced Sandwiches
- Plain Sandwiches
- Pinwheel Sandwiches
- Pocket Sandwiches
‘Sandwich’ is named after John Montagu, an English nobleman and the 4th Earl of Sandwich, ate food while gambling and did not want to leave the gaming table.
You can surely eat plain sandwiches, but what enhances the flavour and texture of the sandwich is its ability to be toasted or grilled.
With a lot of sandwich grillers available in the market, a right sandwich griller needs to have specific features to be the best among the many.
Features of a Sandwich Griller
Versatile Functions: A temperature controller is useful when you want to toast the sandwich as per your preference. Also, a latch externally ensures that you don’t accidentally open the appliance. Also, some grills offer toasting options, and some offer both toasting and grilling options while few allow waffle making as well.
This sandwich maker online offers you interchangeable plates that you can use from kebabs, sandwiches to waffles!
Heat Settings: The heat settings are adjustable, and you can customize your sandwich as to how crispy you want it.
Power of the Appliance: Average sandwich maker’s power capacity ranges from 640 W to 750 W.
Plates are Removable: Since cleaning the appliance is an important aspect, most of the grillers will also have removable plates.
The type of Plate: Most of the plates come with a non-stick coating which you can clean with a damp cloth. Depending on the appliance, there may be grill plates, sandwich plates and waffle plates.
You can also check Black+Decker TS2090 sandwich maker model as it gives you a combo of 3 interchangeable plates and is one of the best sandwich makers online.
Considering other options for best sandwich makers Online ? Here are a few,
How to Use a Sandwich Maker or Sandwich Grill?
So wondering how to use a sandwich maker when you have never used it before and whether it’s worth all your efforts? Let us understand…
Using a sandwich maker is no rocket science, and anyone can use it.
- Wipe the plates with a damp cloth and ensure that they are clean.
- When using the sandwich maker for the first time, remember to brush the plates with little oil or butter or margarine otherwise the Bread or another food item may stick to it.
- Plug the appliance into an electrical outlet and the device will begin heating.
- Let the appliance preheat for 5 minutes and once the griller has reached its heating temperature, open it and place the sandwich inside. You can butter the top of the sandwich to make it golden and crisp.
- Avoid forcefully shutting the appliance and slowly close it. Latch the two halves of the appliance to secure it.
- Let the sandwich toast for at least 3-5 minutes. You can modify the time as per your preference.
- Avoid opening the lids before the sandwich is wholly toasted; otherwise, it may be inadequately toasted.
- When the sandwiches are ready, do not remove them with bare hands as the plates will be hot.
- Also, don’t use metal tongs, or fork, etc. that may cause the non-stick material to come off. Instead, use a wooden spatula.
- You can repeat the process by keeping the lid of the appliance closed to preserve heat for the next batch of sandwiches.
- Unplug the appliance immediately after you use it.
Easy to use, isn’t it?
How to Clean and Maintain a Sandwich Griller
Your sandwich griller is greasy and has few chunks of cheese or veggies sticking to it? Well, cleaning a sandwich griller isn’t as tricky as it seems!
- To clean a grill sandwich maker, firstly make sure you unplug the appliance and wipe it down with a damp cloth while slowly trying to remove any food residue on it.
- Do not immerse it in water as it will spoil the appliance. Also, make sure that you do not use harsh brushes or tools that can damage the plates.
- If the plates are removable, take them out and clean them in warm soapy water with a sponge. Let the plates dry thoroughly.
- If the plates are non-removable, be patient and pick off any foodstuff with your fingernail or use a plastic spatula.
- Now, squeeze out the excess soap water from the sponge and wash the plates. You can also place damp paper towels slightly soaked in soapy water on the plates to aid in removing the food residue. Use a damp cloth to rinse the plates.
- Simultaneously, you can also use vegetable oil to coat the plates and let it sit for a few minutes for food residue to loosen.
- Wipe the plates and the exterior of the grill sandwich maker with tissue paper or a damp cloth and let them dry.
Here’s a bonus for you,
Among the many grill sandwich recipes that are available online, here’s the one that we liked for you and is extremely easy to cook.
Recipe- Veg Cheese Grilled Sandwich
Servings: 2 Total Time: 10-15 mins
- 2 slices of Bread
- 1 Boiled Potato
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 medium Cucumber
- 2 Cheese Slices
- ¼ Chaat Masala
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup Coriander leaves
- Water as per requirement
- 2 Green Chillies
Wash tomatoes and cucumber and peel them. Chop all the vegetables in round shape.
Wash the coriander leaves and mint leaves and chop them. Add them in a mixer jar with the green chillies and salt along with water and blend it until you get a paste.
Take the bread slices and apply butter over it. Then apply the green chutney and place the cucumber, tomato, onion and cucumber along with the potato slices. Sprinkle salt and chaat masala over the veggies, add the slice of cheese and cover with another slice of Bread.
Once you have assembled the sandwich, place it in a griller and grill it for about 2-3 minutes. Enjoy it hot!
One of the tastiest grill sandwich recipes we found, this is a must-try!
Before you purchase the right appliance for yourself, make sure to research the features. Though there are different brands available in the market, you can also check for sandwich maker online to get better offers and discounts!
Enjoy your toasted sandwiches.